5 things to avoid when planning Summer Events!
In order for your summer event to run smoothly, there are a few precautions which you can take to ensure there are no disasters on the day!
Here at EventWorks, we have years of experience in organising and managing all types of events and are aware of all the pitfalls you can come across. We are delighted to share our inside knowledge and expertise to help you plan a successful summer event and have put together the top 5 things to avoid!
1. Unsuitable venue - Choosing the wrong venue can be detrimental to the success of your summer event. So many people forget to think practically when deciding on a venue and put other factors first such as location and appearance before making sure that the activity they are running would work well there.
2. Dragging out an event - Dragging out an event to suit your timeframe. Many people have the mentality that the longer the event the better. But in reality, this can have the opposite effect and result in guests loosing interest in the activities.
3. Mistaking the number of attendees - Under or over estimating your number of attendees can have a dramatic effect on your summer family fun day or company day. This can have repercussions on many essential event items/activities such as number of teams, activity zones and inflatables and numbers for BBQ/catering. This can also result in problems with budget allocation and overspending if you overestimate the total number. The best way to avoid this is to ensure everyone attending RSVP's for the event!
4. No Plan B - Having no Plan B or back up option is a very common downfall for many event planners. It is crucial to have a Plan B in place especially for a summer event. As we all are well aware, the weather in Ireland can be extremely unpredicatable so when organising an outdoor event, it is vitally important to have a back up indoor scenario should there be an unexpected downpour! For many of our outdoor team building events and summer family fun days, we can put together an indoor Plan B Quiz or team tasks on request.
5. Wrong event for group dynamic - Another thing to avoid when planning your summer event or any kind of event is to getting your group dynamic wrong! When deciding on ideas and options for group activities, it is imperative to examine the group demographic and choose a universal event that will suit all age brackets, physical abilties and preferences in your company to guarantee that everyone attending will be able to get involved and enjoy the day!
Following the above advice from our experienced event managers and avoiding these diasterous scenarios will help you on your way to running a fantastic, memorable summer event without a hitch!