In order for your summer event to run smoothly, there are a few precautions which you can take to ensure there are no disasters on the day!
Here at EventWorks, we have years of experience in organising and managing all types of events and are aware of all the pitfalls you can come across. We are delighted to share our inside knowledge and expertise to help you plan a successful summer event and have put together the top 5 things to avoid!
1. Unsuitable venue - Choosing the wrong venue can be detrimental to the success of your summer event. So many people forget to think practically when deciding on a venue and put other factors first such as location and appearance before making sure that the activity they are running would work well there.
2. Dragging out an event - Dragging out an event to suit your timeframe. Many people have the mentality that the longer the event the better. But in reality, this can have the opposite effect and result in guests loosing interest in the activities.
3. Mistaking the number of attendees - Under or over estimating your number of attendees can have a dramatic effect on your summer family fun day or company day. This can have repercussions on many essential event items/activities such as number of teams, activity zones and inflatables and numbers for BBQ/catering. This can also result in problems with budget allocation and overspending if you overestimate the total number. The best way to avoid this is to ensure everyone attending RSVP's for the event!
4. No Plan B - Having no Plan B or back up option is a very common downfall for many event planners. It is crucial to have a Plan B in place especially for a summer event. As we all are well aware, the weather in Ireland can be extremely unpredicatable so when organising an outdoor event, it is vitally important to have a back up indoor scenario should there be an unexpected downpour! For many of our outdoor team building events and summer family fun days, we can put together an indoor Plan B Quiz or team tasks on request.
5. Wrong event for group dynamic - Another thing to avoid when planning your summer event or any kind of event is to getting your group dynamic wrong! When deciding on ideas and options for group activities, it is imperative to examine the group demographic and choose a universal event that will suit all age brackets, physical abilties and preferences in your company to guarantee that everyone attending will be able to get involved and enjoy the day!
Following the above advice from our experienced event managers and avoiding these diasterous scenarios will help you on your way to running a fantastic, memorable summer event without a hitch!
Thinking of organising a team building event for your company and don't know where to start?
This guide shows you exactly how to go about planning and booking an team building event with EventWorks in 5 easy steps!
- Find out information - Visit our team building section on our website where you will find a list of our event options along with an overview, timings, suitable numbers and client testimonials. To make it easier for you to find what you are looking for, we have divided our events into categories such as team games for small groups/large groups, creative team events, indoor/outdoor teambuilding etc. We also have a last minute events section with a list of events with short turnaround times.
- Contact us for more details - After you have an idea of what we do, you can fill out a contact us form on our website or call our office directly. One of our event managers will be happy to help you out and assist you in planning a memorable event. All we need from you is a brief which answers the following questions: What kind of event you are interested in? e.g indoor events or outdoor events, creative or physical, competitive or collaborative etc. , how many people is the event for?, when will the event take place? What is your timeframe? Do you have a specific objective or theme or message for this event? Do you have a budget in mind?
- Request an event proposal - Once you have discussed your event criteria with one of our event managers, we will then put together a proposal for you with some great ideas and options for your team building event which we think is suited towards your preferences.
- Follow up - After you have received our team building event proposal via email, we will then follow up with you to hear your feedback and review the options suggested.
- Book your event - We will plan a fantastic event for you and ensure that it is a great success!
If you're planning any kind of indoor or outdoor events this summer then this handy list of must have items are essential to make sure things run smoothly on the day! These essenital event items are extremely useful for most types of events including summer family fun days, company days, treasure hunts/city challenges and team building events for corporate groups.
It may seem obvious but there are certain items that can get you out of many sticky situations. The team here at EventWorks recommend that you buy a large DIY bag and then fill it with the items below. Do it once and you might never need to re-stock your event kit but you’ll have a lot of eventualities covered and can enjoy the day stress free.
Our years of experience and expertise in running all types of events, indoor and outdoor, large and small have resulted in us knowing exactly which handy items we need to have packed before we head out the door and have helped us out on many occasions!
Top 10 Essential Event Kit Items
- First Aid Kit
- Sun Cream with a high SPF
- Extension Lead
- Stanley Knife or Scissors
- High Visibility Jacket
- Permanent Marker with Card (for signs)
- Gaff/Duck Tape
- Hazard Tape (for cordoning off an area)
- Cloakroom/Raffle Tickets
Remember, always have your event checklist (with our ten handy items ticked off), timings and contact numbers printed (not just on your mobile!)
Or let EventWorks worry about all eventualities, coordination and overall management of your summer event...