Kick off the New Year with a bang! What better way to refresh your workforce after the Christmas holidays and motivate them for the year ahead by holding an energiser event!
Our expert event managers here at EventWorks are bursting with creative ideas to get your staff upbeat and goal oriented.
We understand that the first quarter of the New Year is a busy one for company conferences and the unveiling of future company plans and we are here to help. We cover all event management services and our specialities are creative teambuilding events and interactive conference breakout games and energisers.
We have devised a number of fantastic events that are ideal when planning a conference or corporate teambuilding event:
1) Lift Off Theme- A futuristic themed team game where our not so famous scientist warns the teams of an impending doom. Teams must design and build their own rocket using art materials and afterwards assemble outside where their rocket is launched on the outside launch pad to ensure their survival. This team task requires innovation, time management and first rate communication skills to succeed. This is very impactful event for a new product or service launch in the pipeline.
2) Calendar 2012 - Staff are split into 12 teams and given fun props and costumes to choose from, a storyboard, a theme, a digital camera and instructions. Each team has 45-60 minutes to take a creative shot. We then download the images and put them together to make a unique company calendar for the New Year. Every month with this tangible memento, staff will remember this event, the emotion it evoked, the fun they had and the people they met! This event sits perfectly alongside any conference and is a great icebreaker.
3) Art Explosion - For this creative event, teams work together to create their own masterpiece (to our strict criteria) using a wide selection of art materials to help them be innovative. At the very end we then combine all the various pieces like a jigsaw and best of all a hidden message is revealed to all. A great way to launch a new marketing phrase, slogan or tagline or the year ahead or even just a great way to act as an icebreaker and integrate lots of smaller teams together. View a great sample video of this event here.
4) Video Production Events - Video/Film style events are also a brilliant way to capture an event and give staff something to look at again and again and be reminded of the fun they had working together. A good idea to kick off the year would be to have staff film a new TV advert for their company, to promote a new product and service. Another option is our custom event called Team MTV where your group is split into teams and given costume accessories. Each team then has to perform a piece of a song for example, the song 'One Vision' and film it. At the end of the shoot, all of the teams performances are edited by us and put together to complete the track. This reinforces the message to staff that teamwork is imperative for their overall success.
5) Flash Design of Presentations- Not sure how to improve your PowerPoint presentation? Look no further. We have the experience and expertise to transform your PowerPoint slides using flash design and animations to create a professional look. These really enhance your presentation, reinforce your key message and make an strong impact on your delegates.
We have many set packages for conference energisers and teambuilding activities but we also customise events based on your brief. Simply fill in our event plan form and we'll get back to you with a proposal containing innovative and unique ideas to meet your needs, tie in with your theme and really drive your key message home. The result? A truly memorable event that will leave a positive lasting impression on your employees and an incredible boost in morale.
If you are thinking of planning an event in the New Year, Contact us today and we will happily send you a proposal!
Are you thinking of planning your company conference and don't know where to begin?
EventWorks are experts in corporate conference management and to help you out, we have put together a conference planning checklist to get you started and guarantee that your event is a success. View our fantastic new conference video for a taste of what we can achieve.
Conference Planning Checklist:
Venue- Make sure you book a suitable sized venue for your numbers and seating style well in advance.
Set Design & Lighting- Organise your set design, draping, décor, and lighting to create a strong impact. We have many options on these, why not have a look at our conference overview to find out the range of services we provide that can enhance your event.
Audio Visual- Book an AV technician to ensure perfect visual and sound quality during the presentations and to guarantee that the event run smoothly. A standard AV package for a conference event would include essential items such as a podium mic, a switcher, projector and screen (if there isn't already one in house) and a PA system.
Company Graphics- Print off graphics that display your company logo or tagline. These can be hung onto the draping on either side of your screen to drive home your message and personalise the set.
Flash Design of Presentations- We recommend some additional options to create an even bigger impact on your delegates. These can include video shoot & edit, professional flash design of presentations and high impact conference opening animations.These will help to ensure that your key message is delivered effectively.
Conference Breakouts- It is also imperative to keep your audience upbeat and focused throughout the day of presentations. We suggest some conference energisers and breakout games to achieve this. These ice breakers can be run in 20-30 minute sessions up to 3 times during the conference. Download our list of breakout games and creative teambuilding packages here to find out the many ways which we can help you increase interaction and get the most out of your conference.
We hope that you find this conference planning checklist useful and that it gives you an idea of the most important aspects of this type of event to consider. We use the best in the business for all of our conferences including specialist in décor, set design, lighting and AV.
So if you are planning a conference for the New Year, please contact us and we will happily send you on a proposal with some ideas to tie in with your theme and make your conference as effective as possible.