Thinking of organising a team building event for your company and don't know where to start?
This guide shows you exactly how to go about planning and booking an team building event with EventWorks in 5 easy steps!
- Find out information - Visit our team building section on our website where you will find a list of our event options along with an overview, timings, suitable numbers and client testimonials. To make it easier for you to find what you are looking for, we have divided our events into categories such as team games for small groups/large groups, creative team events, indoor/outdoor teambuilding etc. We also have a last minute events section with a list of events with short turnaround times.
- Contact us for more details - After you have an idea of what we do, you can fill out a contact us form on our website or call our office directly. One of our event managers will be happy to help you out and assist you in planning a memorable event. All we need from you is a brief which answers the following questions: What kind of event you are interested in? e.g indoor events or outdoor events, creative or physical, competitive or collaborative etc. , how many people is the event for?, when will the event take place? What is your timeframe? Do you have a specific objective or theme or message for this event? Do you have a budget in mind?
- Request an event proposal - Once you have discussed your event criteria with one of our event managers, we will then put together a proposal for you with some great ideas and options for your team building event which we think is suited towards your preferences.
- Follow up - After you have received our team building event proposal via email, we will then follow up with you to hear your feedback and review the options suggested.
- Book your event - We will plan a fantastic event for you and ensure that it is a great success!
Here at EventWorks, we have had a very busy January and start to February with a variety of conference, entertainment and team building activities (both indoor and outdoor). We're delighted to say that all of these events went great and were a resounding success!
To keep you update on the these events, we will recap on 5 of our most recent indoor team building events
that we've run since the New Year.
1. Art Explosion -
For this creative team building event, teams work together to create their own masterpiece (to our strict criteria) using a wide selection of art materials to help them be innovative. At the very end we then combine all the various pieces like a jigsaw and best of all a hidden message is revealed to all as you can see from the picture above! A great way to launch a new marketing phrase, slogan or tagline or the year ahead or even just a great way to act as an icebreaker and integrate lots of smaller teams together. View a great sample video of this event here
2. Chocolate Heaven -
A creative marketing style team building game where teams make, invent, brand and market a new chocolate product. We provide everything to get the group in the mood and everyone loves working with chocolate! Then you have to convince our judges of your plan and ideas.Chocolate Heaven is an indoor team building event which is normally run in a hotel. This event is a great option for both office and out of office hours as its very fun and engaging. It is a fantastic team building for energising staff and encouraging integration within the group. iew a great sample video of this event here
“Thank you so much for yesterday, we all had such great fun. It really was an event with a difference! A real treat! (That we could take home). Thanks again”
- ESB - Chocolate Heaven
3. Planetary Pipeline - A great indoor team building activity which helps teams work well together while also keeping other teams requirements in mind throughout. Teams must transfer energy balls from the sun to a depleted planet using piping and other materials we provide. However there are many other twists and turns (literally) which they must adhere to. This team building event is great for team work but also collaboration with others, creativity, time management and seeing the bigger picture as many teams work together to achieve a common goal.
4. Team MTV - Our custom event Team MTV is an interactive and fun option for your staff team building day. Teams must record a music video, well just their one section of it and then we edit and combine them into one group MTV masterpiece. Another great creative team building event which brings the smaller teams together as one.
“Just wanted to say a big thank you for everything on Thursday. Everyone really enjoyed the activity and the video was brilliant.”
- Nestlé - Team MTV
5. The Mission - A briefcase with top secret company information has been stolen by an armed kidnapper. With the guidance of our tough Character MC teams must undergo a series of tasks to recover the missing item and track down the kidnapper. Only one team can recover the item, it’s a race to be the first. Varied tasks make this a unique conference or team building game.
“The event was really good, everyone enjoyed themselves. All in all though, great day and thanks a million. ”
- LinkedIn - The Mission
If you would like to book any of the above events for your corporate team building activity, please do not hesitate to contact us now or check out our fantastic new teambuilding section to view the full range of indoor, outdoor and creative team building activities that we offer. We are a Dublin based event management company but we work nationwide and all of our events can be run anywhere in Ireland.
We can also customise team building events based on your brief with EventWorks Design & Create
. We dream up great ideas from scratch based on your requirements and goals for the event. It always works really well and results in a unique and truly memorable event. You can fill out an event brief form here
Here at EventWorks we have been very busy updating and making improvements to some of our team building events to make them as fun and interactive as possible.
For starters, we have made a number of adjustments to our exciting outdoor team building event Spy School making the art of espionage more fun and enjoyable than ever before!
The new and improved Spy School package includes a number of crucial spy themed tasks that teams must decipher and solve which are integral to the success of their spy mission and ultimately the survival of their company.
Teams will be given a secret spy kit containing hi tech gadgets especially designed for espionage which will really help them get into character. In order to complete their tasks, teams will be required to think on their feet, work together, be devious and show genuine spy skills. We now have over 16 different spy challenges depending on the location of your event, the budget and the length of time. Sample spy tasks include testing teams’ observation skills by recalling faces from CCTV footage and cryptic code cracking against the clock.
Spy School is a great option for your corporate team building day as it encourages team work and interaction while being lots of fun at the same time.
This outdoor team game can be run in any town or city centre location in Ireland and runs for approximately 2 hours. The event is suitable for both small and large numbers.
If you would like to book Spy School for your corporate team building activity, please do not hesitate to contact us now or check out our fantastic new teambuilding section to view the full range of indoor, outdoor and creative team building activities that we offer.
Need some ideas on some fun outdoor team buidling activities to energise your staff for the New Year? Look no further. Spring is almost upon us and EventWorks have a fantastic selection of outdoor team tasks that are guaranteed to motivate teams and boost morale.
Below is a list of 5 of our most popular team building games. We have many set team building packages to choose from. We can also design and build a unique team task event especially for you based on your brief.
1. TeamWorks Outside
TeamWorks Outside is a mix of 8-10 team tasks that teams rotate through. They are a mix of physical, skill and mental challenges and can be adapted to have more emphasis on one area depending on your needs. It's fun, flexible and has great variety so it always goes down well with groups. It normally lasts 2 hours but can be combined with some longer challenges to go up to 3 hours or even a full day. Great for numbers up to 150 and as low as 20. All this event requires is an outdoor space or field.
2. Lift Off
A Giant meteor is heading towards Earth. Under the guidance of our mad scientist, can your group design, build and launch your rocket using the rocket building materials provided. They must also meet our other space requirements which include inventing 3 items which will help their survival in space and writing a welcome message for the aliens. We then bring teams outside to the launch pad with compressor props and effects and we launch each teams rocket into space. The best designed rocket will travel the furthest into space.This team task requires innovation, time management and first rate communication skills to succeed. This is very impactful event for a new product or service launch in the pipeline. Suitable for 30 ‐ 300 people.
3. City Challenges & Treasure Hunts
EventWorks are the best at scripting, designing and managing brilliant city challenges and having run over 1000 of them we can back this brash statement up. We've run over 20 different themes/styles of city challenge and for numbers as low as 6 and as high as 800. From walking city challenges to cryptic spy themed missions or bizarre happenings with our brilliant actors we have fantastic ideas (and we deliver on the logistics). We can provide city challenges in any town in Ireland. Diehard (a rival company is out to destroy your company and leaves cryptic clues) and Beat The Clock city challenge (for one team or lots of teams but everyone must succeed against the clock) are two of the most popular. Of course we also offer our great walking hunts anywhere in Ireland customised just for you.
4. Spy School
No clue solving, only spy themed tasks to see if you’re up to the mark! Teams will be given a secret spy kit containing hi tech gadgets especially designed for espionage. In order to complete their taskes, teams will be required to think on their feet, work together, be devious and show genuine spy skills. We have over 16 different spy challenges depending on location of your event, the budget and the length of time. Sample tasks include testing teams observation skills by recalling faces from CCTV footage and code cracking against the clock. Suitable for 20 ‐ 250 people.
5. School Sports Day
Relive the classic school sports day, with a twist! Our headmaster runs the show and with a huge range of activities and extras like Joker cards it’s not just about being the fastest. This is a very popular event with great results. It inspires teamwork and motivation within the group and really helps to break the ice. Suitable for 20 ‐ 300 people.
Indoor Back Up Plan:
Irish weather can be very unpredictable so it is always a good idea to have a Plan B option in place in case it decides to bucket down rain. There are lots of good back up options for team building and company days that can save the event, it just takes a little planning. Entertainers that can move inside, quizzes or changing to indoor team building activities.
If you are planning on putting together a team building event for your staff to kick start the New Year, contact us today or fill in our event brief form and we'll send you on a proposal with some great ideas.
Kick off the New Year with a bang! What better way to refresh your workforce after the Christmas holidays and motivate them for the year ahead by holding an energiser event!
Our expert event managers here at EventWorks are bursting with creative ideas to get your staff upbeat and goal oriented.
We understand that the first quarter of the New Year is a busy one for company conferences and the unveiling of future company plans and we are here to help. We cover all event management services and our specialities are creative teambuilding events and interactive conference breakout games and energisers.
We have devised a number of fantastic events that are ideal when planning a conference or corporate teambuilding event:
1) Lift Off Theme- A futuristic themed team game where our not so famous scientist warns the teams of an impending doom. Teams must design and build their own rocket using art materials and afterwards assemble outside where their rocket is launched on the outside launch pad to ensure their survival. This team task requires innovation, time management and first rate communication skills to succeed. This is very impactful event for a new product or service launch in the pipeline.
2) Calendar 2012 - Staff are split into 12 teams and given fun props and costumes to choose from, a storyboard, a theme, a digital camera and instructions. Each team has 45-60 minutes to take a creative shot. We then download the images and put them together to make a unique company calendar for the New Year. Every month with this tangible memento, staff will remember this event, the emotion it evoked, the fun they had and the people they met! This event sits perfectly alongside any conference and is a great icebreaker.
3) Art Explosion - For this creative event, teams work together to create their own masterpiece (to our strict criteria) using a wide selection of art materials to help them be innovative. At the very end we then combine all the various pieces like a jigsaw and best of all a hidden message is revealed to all. A great way to launch a new marketing phrase, slogan or tagline or the year ahead or even just a great way to act as an icebreaker and integrate lots of smaller teams together. View a great sample video of this event here.
4) Video Production Events - Video/Film style events are also a brilliant way to capture an event and give staff something to look at again and again and be reminded of the fun they had working together. A good idea to kick off the year would be to have staff film a new TV advert for their company, to promote a new product and service. Another option is our custom event called Team MTV where your group is split into teams and given costume accessories. Each team then has to perform a piece of a song for example, the song 'One Vision' and film it. At the end of the shoot, all of the teams performances are edited by us and put together to complete the track. This reinforces the message to staff that teamwork is imperative for their overall success.
5) Flash Design of Presentations- Not sure how to improve your PowerPoint presentation? Look no further. We have the experience and expertise to transform your PowerPoint slides using flash design and animations to create a professional look. These really enhance your presentation, reinforce your key message and make an strong impact on your delegates.
We have many set packages for conference energisers and teambuilding activities but we also customise events based on your brief. Simply fill in our event plan form and we'll get back to you with a proposal containing innovative and unique ideas to meet your needs, tie in with your theme and really drive your key message home. The result? A truly memorable event that will leave a positive lasting impression on your employees and an incredible boost in morale.
If you are thinking of planning an event in the New Year, Contact us today and we will happily send you a proposal!
Celebrate the good weather with 15% off team games in October with EventWorks!
Here at EventWorks we're so happy with the weather this week that we're offering 15% off any of our team game packages booked for October (indoor or outdoor). What's more, once you have an indoor location we'll include a complimentary indoor back up option to make sure you have nothing to worry about (just in case the weather doesn't last!). These great team games will still be adapted just for you, just as we always do.
All you need to do is review our team game packages (which can be run anywhere in the country) and book by October 10th.
If you want to give us a brief instead you can do that here and we'll dream up great ideas for you and send on a proposal.
Events must take place in October
Limited to team packages on link advised.
Event must be booked and confirmed by October 10th
Does not apply in conjunction with any other offer or discount
Remember we also provide a wide range of confernece and meeting services including set design, video animation, breakout games and more.
Your Team @ EventWorks
The six million dollar question - What defines a team building activity? Well the truth is that one person's entertainment event is another person's team event. Does any event which has a group working together in a team mean that it's a team building activity? It all depends on what you're trying to get out of it.
At EventWorks we need to categorise our events so we do so using a simple principle which we adhere to most of the time. If the event is happening during office hours when the group would otherwise be in work then we generally classify it as a team building event. That's because people have different mindsets when it's during working hours and they also get more out of the events. Once the working day is over then like it or not the mood changes and the participants see the event as more of an entertainment event.
So if you decide to take the plunge and go for a day time event what's the next step? How do you make it a worthwhile team building event? Again we work off a few simple principles to get the best results. The main priorities for companies looking for team building events are twofold, increase productivity and motivation. From these there are lots of other benefits.
The event itself can be a simple short team challenge or a customised scripted event designed just for you. But either way it's got to have the following to get a return on it. It's all very obvious but sometimes we overlook the obvious.
They've got to be working together for one goal, either in small teams or as one large team. Or as we do more and more these days - start them off in smaller teams and bring them together at the end as one large team.
It's got to be enjoyable or at least something that is different from their every day work. Don't try and relate it back too much to their daily work.
It should require the team to communicate well. There's no need to pick a team leader, let them sort it out and they'll do this naturally in their own way. The quieter ones can still offer input, forcing them to step up and be a leader isn't always the best solution and can backfire.
It's got to be a challenge. Nothing too complex but if it's too easy participants lose interest and care less about the whole event. Strike the right balance and you'll see much better results.
It's got to be competitive. There's no point in avoiding it. Firstly it can bring out the competitive streak in quiet individuals but more importantly they've got to see that others who worked together better and communicated better will consequently do better. This shows it's not just a HR department brainwave but actually has benefits and produces results.
There's nothing very complex about making a good team building event work, now you just need to come up with that original idea, or better still let EventWorks do it for you.